Isle of Whithorn News

Home PageNewsEventsShop
The Isle of Whithorn

The Isle of Whithorn

COMMUNITY COUNCIL MINUTES

Editor: Jackie Mortiboy. Added: Tuesday, January 15, 2019.

Isle of Whithorn Community Council

 

Ordinary Meeting

Thursday 15 November 2018

St Ninian's Conference Room, Isle of Whithorn

 

Present:  Marion Sunderland (MS), Chair; Hugh Jaques (HJ) Vice-chair; Ruby Bell, Secretary (RB); Jon Martin, Treasurer (JM);  Noreen Raines, Ruby Bell (RB), Secretary; Minutes Secretary (NR);Diane Collins (DC); Liz Kiltie (LK); Irene Matier (IM).

 

1. Apologies: Jon Martin, Treasurer; Jack Niblock; Lynne Scott; Police Scotland; D& G Councillors.

 

2. Minutes of previous meeting: were approved.

 

3. Matters arising: (a) Mobile (smart meter) Communications: no further report; (b) Dangerous path at Cairn: no action to report; (c) Defibrillator signs: new ones received; (d) Scottish Power: date to be arranged for visit to village.

 

4. Police report: no report.

 

5. Secretary/Correspondence: RB reported Items available to CC members: (a) D&G Amended Scheme for Community Councils: S 16 required completion by all CCs, the meeting felt that this CC had already done this; (b) Mobile signal coverage: RB to contact Sue Reedman who has been dealing with this for the community, the new EE mast near Drummoral does not appear to affect the signal, it was noted that no notification of the erection of the mast was received; Bonfire: RB has written to sponsors to thank them for their support.

 

6. Treasurers Report: (a) Admin Account:  no report.

 

7. Reports: (a) Gala: MS had written to Gala officers to arrange a meeting and was awaiting a reply; (b)National Park: HJ had attended a conference about the idea of a 'Kingdom of Galloway National Park', about 300 attended and sketched future plans to generate interest and support to press the Scottish Government to consider the proposition, likely timetable seemed to HJ to be about 10 years; (c) Rural Parliament: DC was attending the three-day meeting and will give a full report to the next meeting, she had attended workshops on Brexit impact, homelessness and transport, DC is the CC representative for the Rural Parliament and will be kept informed of developments in future; (d) Derelict buildings: IM had been in contact with Graham McKie about the derelict buildings by the Harbour Car Park, G McKie will contact the owner again to follow up on this matter, this matter is being followed up as it may be possible for a local person to provide transport and siting for the spoil resulting from demolition; (e) Federation: IM will attend the AGM on 17 November in Wigtown.

 

8. AOCB:  (a) Bonfire: it was agreed that the bonfire should be lit on St Andrew's Day -action – RB to draw up posters; RB has organised a fund-raising raffle; (b) Police: van had been in the village – it was felt that better communications about such community visits would be useful; (c) CC Membership list: was out of date on the D&G Web site – action – MS to update list; Resilience: RB had spokemn to Kenny Barr re information – need to locate lap top.

 

9. Date of next meeting: Thursday 17 January 2019

Send us your comments...

The content of this website is maintained by members of the Isle of Whithorn Village community. If you have a comment about this article please contact us.

Find us on FacebookThe Isle of Whithorn now has its own page on Facebook. Simply login to your Facebook account and search for 'The Isle of Whithorn' to find us. Become a fan, say hello, post your pictures or stories and share your comments on our Page!

Facebook logoFollow the Isle of Whithorn on Twitter. http://twitter.com/IsleofWhithorn

Website hosted by kirkmoor.com web design. Incidental photography provided courtesy of Mike Marshall, Breathing Space Productions, Isle of Whithorn